Terms & Conditions
Terms of booking
These terms and conditions are applicable to all guests at Hotel Skúlagarður in Iceland and travel agencies as a third party. The terms also apply to bookings made on the Hotel Skúlagarður website: www.skulagardur.com, and for bookings made via e-mail, on location, through travel agencies or booking engines.
1. Bookings shall be made in writing. Bookings are not confirmed unless the hotel replies in writing. Bookings must be made through the email address email@example.com
2. All information regarding the contractor, company or person(s) making the booking, shall be stated, including the name of the person(s) making the booking(s), billing address, telephone number(s), e-mail and other contact information.
3. The booking shall include the guest name(s), nationality, number of people travelling together, room setup (twin, double or extra bed), arrival- and departure dates.
4. The booking shall include the specific number of adults and children, as well as the age of each child.
5. Requirements for any special needs or requests shall be specified upon the initial booking.
6. All bookings are subject to availability.
7. The hotel management may refuse a booking.
8. All prices are specified on a per room per night basis and include all service charges and VAT unless otherwise specified or negotiated.
Group bookings are with 10 paying guests or more and must be made through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
1. Name of the group
2. Arrival date and estimated arrival time
3. List of individual names and the nationality of each group member
4. Number of rooms that are needed where the driver(s), tour leader(s), escort(s) and the guide(s) shall be specifically marked as such
5. Information about dinner, lunch or another service that is needed
6. Bookings are not confirmed unless the hotel replies in writing.
The hotel needs a list of individual names for each group member, booked into the hotel at least 8 weeks prior to the scheduled arrival of the group. And any changes noted as soon as possible.
When the final rooming list has arrived the hotel will send the contact of the group a copy of the bill.
Group payments and cancellations
Group booking cancellations must reach the hotel in writing no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival. If the cancellation reaches the hotel
- 6-8 weeks prior to arrival 15% fee of contracted net rates will be charged.
- 4-6 weeks prior to arrival 50% fee of contracted net rates will be charged.
- 2-4 weeks prior to arrival 80% fee of contracted net rates will be charged.
- 0-2 weeks prior to arrival 100% fee of contracted net rates will be charged.
Cancellations of rooms within a group must reach the hotel in writing no later than 6 weeks prior to arrival. If the cancellation reaches the hotel
- 4-6 weeks prior to arrival 15% fee of contracted net rates will be charged
- 2-4 weeks prior to arrival 50% fee of contracted net rates will be charged
- 2 weeks to 48 hours prior arrival 80% fee of contracted net rates will be charged
- Less than 48 hours prior arrival 100% fee of contracted net rates will be charged
Group cancellations in the restaurant must reach the hotel in writing no later than 3 days prior to arrival. If the cancellation reaches the restaurant less than 3 days prior to arrival a 100% fee will be charged.
Group booking cancellations are only valid if confirmed by the hotel in writing.
Prices are subject to change due to currency fluctuations, economic changes or excess inflation or other items out of Hotel Skúlagarður´s control. Rate changes never apply to bookings already paid and confirmed by the hotel.
When rooms are booked as DSU (double for single use) or TSU (twin for single use) occupancy the hotel reserves the right to charge for double occupancy (as a double/twin).
Check-in for the hotel is between 16:00-21:00 hours but self-check-in it is anytime after 16:00
Check out time from the hotel is at 11:00 hours.
Hotel Skúlagarður requests that the hotel guests follow instructions given by the hotel staff regarding behaviour, security procedures, health and safety regulations, registration requirements and other issues that might arise during the stay at the hotel.
Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted with given notice.
Hotel Skúlagarður is a non-smoking hotel.
An extra bed will have to be ordered for the rooms in advance and will not be charged for children of 6 years or younger. For older children there is a fee of 7.000 ISK for each night.
+354 465 2280
Skúlagarður, 671 Ásbyrgi